Menu

Oklahoma/ Texas people - can you breathe?

Aelwydd

Thanks to the drought, and the massive front moving in, the atmosphere here in the D/FW metroplex is full of dirt. I don't what else to call it but a dust storm. We came out of a hockey game tonight and thought maybe there was a fire in the area, because of how "smokey" everything looked. Except, there was no fire smell. The winds have been gusting upt to 50 mph here, and me and ds are choking.

My eyes are stinging, and if I spend any time outside my exposed skin feels grimy when I come back in. Plus, we can even smell dirt in the air.

Anyone else dealing with the same symptoms?

Eh. that's pretty bad. Forecast for hitting DFW around midnight, and you were right in it. . . . .ok, I went out, but not far! It is very cold. It was a struggle to shut the front door! Here the dust seems to have cleared. I remember now that when I got home the sky just looked weird, like it has other times when we've had dust storms approaching. 45 degrees, feels like 35, weather dot com says.

Thanks to the drought, and the massive front moving in, the atmosphere here in the D/FW metroplex is full of dirt. I don't what else to call it but a dust storm. We came out of a hockey game tonight and thought maybe there was a fire in the area, because of how "smokey" everything looked. Except, there was no fire smell. The winds have been gusting upt to 50 mph here, and me and ds are choking.

My eyes are stinging, and if I spend any time outside my exposed skin feels grimy when I come back in. Plus, we can even smell dirt in the air.

Anyone else dealing with the same symptoms?

Word for word, exactly how it was for us coming out of church tonight. My eyes are still itchy & I can still smell and taste the dust and it's been a few hours now. Gah. It's supposed to be windy tomorrow too.