Menu

Question for small business owners who provide a service...

Our contract states 6O days however I enforce that on a person by person basis. Are they not paying because they don't have it? Or because they have a new baby and can't think straight (most of my clients)? If you think you are at risk of never getting paid or this being a usual thing cut them loose. The time and energy wasted on hunting for payment could be used to hunt down NEW clients.

Our contract states 6O days however I enforce that on a person by person basis. Are they not paying because they don't have it? Or because they have a new baby and can't think straight (most of my clients)? If you think you are at risk of never getting paid or this being a usual thing cut them loose. The time and energy wasted on hunting for payment could be used to hunt down NEW clients.

I have two clients who are 60+ days overdue per signed contracts, and neither is likely to pay anytime soon if at all because of financial difficulty. While working on my accounts today, I realized that it was worse than I thought. Sigh. I've dealt with this before, but on a much smaller scale.

I have other clients who want to do more business with me and who pay like clockwork. So indeed, I need to focus there.

Thanks for the "water cooler" pep talk!