Menu

Bedell

Sophie

Volumes 1-8 are available. 9 is still being written.

I really like the series and have about 1/2 the books. I will probably finish buying the series, but am not using it right now. My memory loss is making things more difficult for me, that it was when I first started using the series, so my priorities are a bit different now.

I hope the author writes a comprehensive index for the series when he is done with volume 9. If he does that, I will be more likely to start using it more again.

The lessons are bunched up in Genesis and then some books like Proverbs have hardly any lessons. This makes it difficult to schedule along side any type of Bible reading schedule. I very much like Bedell, but right now, I'm really needing things that are better paced. I'm just so disorganized and confused so much of the time.

Issues concerning women are typical 1980s style ultra conservative Baptist. So depending on your beliefs you will like that or not like that. I think that any family reading the lessons on marriage should also read the Bible studies at http://www.abigails.org/ and discuss the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, along side the Bedell lessons.

There are typos and one lesson's questions didn't match the lessons. The primary lessons are better done than the research questions for older students. I would NEVER just assign the research questions and expect a student to come back with them perfectly completed. I would just have older students read more on the topic, and check brainpop and netflix and whatever else they have available to them.

One of the good things about this curriculum is how cheap and easy it is to get started. There is no slick marketing and start up package. It gets DONE on busy days. You just read!

I have dreams of sitting down and writing my own index...but...that isn't likely to happen.