Menu

Manicures, Pedicures and nails

I want to have a manicure(once friend treated me) and a pedicure(never had). How much do they run usually and what should I look for--in salons.

I would love to get my nails done. I have really long nails, but they tend to break and eventually split, so they are never all the same length.

My SIL has her nails done, but she said she has a certain kind put on that doesn't damage her nails. I think she said gel nails or something like that. She said they are very expensive to put on $50 and keep up $30.

I usually do my own pedis but on the rare occassion I do get a professional pedicure I go to the same salon that I get my hair done at. It is an upscale salon. Pedicures are 28.00 and up there. Nails are about the same (that is for a manicure on your real nails). Acrylics, tips, or things like that are more. French manicures or pedicures are more expensive as well. This prices, of course, do not include tip. HTH.

If your nails are really long and they split, you might want to consider getting silk wraps.

I have found that manicures vary wildly in nature... once I went, and all she did was file my nails and paint them clear, and I left thinking, "I just paid $25 for that?" On the other hand, I've gotten mani-pedis that cost about $30 that were worth every penny- pumice, lotion, massage, cuticle trim, etc. So try to get a personal referral.