Menu

Election Day Unit Study?

Since the US Presidential Election is proving to be so.....interesting this go-round I was hoping to find some sort of Unit Study so my middle-schoolers can follow along and get a sense of what is taking place. Any tried and true sources?

Mint & Bloom has been releasing one in parts every couple weeks and the first two are on their website. They've commented that they'll update the one to show the Biden/Harris change. If you join the newsletter the future installments will be free there. 

Build Your Library also has one that gets updated every election season. That's already happened for this year and I don't know if it'll get tweaked again. 

We really like Votes of Confidence: A Young Person's Guide to American Elections. Here's a link to the newest edition. https://a.co/d/3ob2v2e

If you want to go bigger, Oak Meadow's grade 8 Civics covers elections, parties, and more and could be a large part of your social studies for the year. It's a light read that's heavy on the output with loads of writing papers, research projects, creative writing assignments, etc. If you're comfortable adapting the assignments on the fly it could easily be used by lower middle school kids too. 

All secular.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1