Menu

Charlotte Mason Math

katemm

I want to add a vote for Kate Snow's new Math with Confidence series. We're using the Kindergarten series now, and I'm honestly looking forward to the First Grade edition coming out this May. For background, I am a CM/Classicalish homeschooler, who was starting off with Right Start in Kindergarten. Kindergarten Math with Confidence uses a lot of the simple games of Right Start, pairs down the need for soooo many manipulative, and makes the scripted conversation even more playful. The worksheet illustrations are very sweet. I highly recommend it!

• Like 3

Just adding in my experience with MEP math, like someone else added. It is conceptual math, but FREE (why not try it?) and very visual in that the kid learns using concrete examples time and again before they move to abstract use of numbers. 

Their website is busy and intimidating, but please look past it and look at the lesson plans and worksheet pages. 

https://www.cimt.org.uk/projects/mepres/primary/index.htm#year1

• Like 2