Menu

Any feedback on Dave Ramsey Junior or the envelope system products?

We've been Dave Ramsey followers for 2 years now and are doing well with the program. How do you plan to introduce finances to your children if you follow Dave Ramsey? (and When?) I was thinkin there were two DR products for kids, on his site, I only see the JR books and set, but it looks like it's for elementary. Is there another for middle/high school?

I've been using envelopes wrapped in packing tape - LOL, I'm thinking about putting the envelope system from his site on my wish list. Just something about pulling out mine at the store, his is definitely more discreet.

I'm with you on the evelope thing. I use cheap paper ones that I bought in bulk 100 years ago and throw them away when they are to trashed.

As far as age goes, my high schooler read the regular adult version. In his books Dave has couples as young as 23-24 saving for houses & getting out of loan debt, I think high school is plenty old to grasp that info!

Not to sure about a young jr higher though....

Our son went through Financial Peace University with us last summer; he was 10yo. He didn't participate in the discussions, but he watched all the lessons on DVD. He also likes to listen to Dave Ramsey on the radio. We've had a lot of good conversations about finances. He has his own envelopes, and has to work to earn money.

When he's in high school, we'll probably do the high school curriculum that Dave produced.

Wendi

is a Focus on the Family book that Dave Ramsey endorses. There are some great ideas/activities for all age ranges, toddler to teens. For the "envelope" system, we use 3-hole punch pencil pouches in a binder along with notebook paper to keep track of the spending/saving/giving/tithing-- this idea was in book.

CBD has samples for viewing. http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=971914&netp_id=433613&event=ESRCN&item_code=WW&view=covers