Menu

Anyone use ELTL and WWS 1?

michaeljenn

I am suffering from "decisionitis"  and I am about to go crazy! LOL   My 7th grader will be taking WWS 1 with TWTMA and I am trying to figure out what grammar to use.  I stumbled upon ELTL and I really like it.  However, I am afraid it could be too much writing.  My goals this year for this particular child is to grow her comprehension and writing skills.  I went ahead and bought ELTL 5 and it appears that the writing assignments are not too long at all.  So I think it can be done.  But I would love to hear from those who have actually done both programs.  

My other concern is grammar... is it truly enough?  She has completed Rod and Staff 2-4 and CLE 5.  Part of me feels like I should just go back to R&S and do WWS.  However, I love that ELTL includes dictation, literature, poetry, writing, grammar and picture study.  It gives me warm fuzzies!

I would love to hear what you think:)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not using both right now, but I will probably add WWS1 back in soon. My 7th grader did about ten weeks of WWS1 in 6th grade. He's using ELTL5 this year. He thinks there is a lot of writing in ELTL, since the commonplace book copywork and the dictation are LONG. But he's doing well with them. Even though he's writing phobic, I think he'd do ok with WWS added in. I'm just waiting for us to get past the remaining camps and such of summer before we start it (we started school mid-June).

I do think the grammar is enough. I personally prefer grammar taught in context like this. I feel like my kids get a better grasp of how the grammar works, and they make less mistakes like calling a noun a verb.