Menu

Sassafras science- does order matter?

Charlene

This year for science for grades 1, 3, and 5, I am planning to do the human body.  I want to use the Sassafras science anatomy book along with guest hollow's book list.  I see that the anatomy book is the second in the series.  Does it matter if the Sassafras books are read in order? Should I start with Zoology this year and do Anatomy next year or does it not matter.  My little guy really likes animals, but I think the older two would be more interested in the human body.  I think they will all be okay with either one actually, and I already ordered the Anatomy book.

We are just finishing the Anatomy book and we did not do Zoology.  There are some references to plot elements from the first book but my dd did not have any trouble following what was going on.  For example, I think the first time the "man with no eyebrows" is mentioned in this book there is no real explanation of who he is, but you can gather from the context that he is someone that has been following/chasing the kids on their adventures.