Menu

Pros and cons of Oak Meadow and Laurel Springs High School

Guest lialvamiami

Guest lialvamiami

My daughter will be starting 10th grade in the Fall. She is currently using Keystone but I'm not thrilled with the program. I have heard many good things about Laurel Springs but I'm also intrigued by Oak Meadow. Can somebody give me the pros and cons of both, or suggest other good, accredited distance learning schools.

We had an excellent experience with Oak Meadow. Very personalized attention, a chance to build relationships with the teachers, a solid college prep program which respects individuality and creativity. The assignments really push the student to stretch themselves while allowing their talents and personality to shine through. Using OM for a full course load would be quite demanding, so the student would need to be dedicated to putting the effort into an enriching education.

Since you have asked about the two most expensive programs I am aware of, I'm assuming money isn't an issue. Unfortunately, we were not able to continue with OM due to the cost, as well as an inability to keep up with the work load. I have no experience with Laurel Springs, as the cost put them outside the realm of consideration.