Menu

Salvete

I've just finished (formally, but it's never over) my second year homeschooling my oldest child (of three).  I've read in these forums before I ever started, and I've been back a lot recently as I reconsider math curricula.  I decided that it's time for me to join, and I thought I'd introduce myself quickly here.

Before I had children, I used to be a Latin teacher, and so it was probably natural that I'd be drawn to Classical education.  I enjoy homeschooling, and my daughter is an eager learner (most of the time).  Her favorite subjects are probably history, science, and art, but she's also an avid reader, and was quite excited when she got to learn some multiplication this year (normally math is our problem subject, not from any lack of capability, but that's a different post).  She keeps me busy trying to provide her with material for her eager mind.

I've appreciated tips and insights I've gleaned over the years in these forums and look forward to learning more as we proceed in our homeschooling.

Gratias vobis ago.

I'm new here too, and I had to reply after seeing your heading.  I studied Latin in high school and in college for my Classical Studies minor.  Latin is the one new subject I started with my first grader when we pulled him from public school after Christmas.  My Latin is very rusty, but I'm enjoying reviewing it with my son.  So far he seems to like it too :001_smile:. 

Good luck with your curriculum decisions!