Menu

Remember Charlie's Playhouse, which produced evolution materials for kids?

yellowperch

Hi there, I haven't been here for a very long time. (We are all well but no longer homeschooling.) Today I received a note from a friend, and thought its content might be of some interest here. I hope it is okay to post this here, thought I understand if it is not. Please note: this is not an attempt to begin an evolution/creationist discussion. I think we've all had that conversation enough, at least we had back in my day here. 

Do you remember Charlie's Playhouse? When I was homeschooling younger, science-minded children, Charlie's (as in Charles Darwin's) Playhouse was just about the only producer of scientifically accurate, well-made, beautifully designed evolution materials for young kids. The company produced just a few things--a play-on timeline, info cards, a game or two. Years--and a few thousand miles later--I leaned that my son's new friend's mom was the genius behind these materials. Earlier this year she was inches away from signing a deal that would have allowed her to let go of the reins and still see these materials available. The deal is falling through, so now she is shopping her company around. Any takers?

http://evoforkids.blogspot.com/2013/09/hello-there-disappointment-please-come.html?spref=fb