Menu

Have you done both Streams of Civ., Vol. 1 & 2 in one year

I don't think it's necessarily too fast, as far as typical world history courses go.  Nor do I think it would be too much.  My dd read most of volume 1 using Beautiful Feet Ancients, and there was a lot of other reading too.  Some was for literature, but some was for history (Augustus Caesar's World, Caesar's Gallic War, etc.).

I have heard of volume 1 used quite often but not so much volume 2.  Way back when, I wrote a post about the differences I had heard about or seen when looking through it at a bookstore:

1. Different author
2. Different writing style
3. Does not mention the Holocaust, or possibly doesn't mention it very much?
4. More opinionated (don't know how unavoidable that is with the material)
5. Some of the opinions are denominational
6. Pretty much western history only

HTH,

Julie

I don't think it's necessarily too fast, as far as typical world history courses go.  Nor do I think it would be too much.  My dd read most of volume 1 using Beautiful Feet Ancients, and there was a lot of other reading too.  Some was for literature, but some was for history (Augustus Caesar's World, Caesar's Gallic War, etc.).

I have heard of volume 1 used quite often but not so much volume 2.  Way back when, I wrote a post about the differences I had heard about or seen when looking through it at a bookstore:

1. Different author

2. Different writing style

3. Does not mention the Holocaust, or possibly doesn't mention it very much?

4. More opinionated (don't know how unavoidable that is with the material)

5. Some of the opinions are denominational

6. Pretty much western history only

HTH,

Julie

Thank you for your opinion :-)   I already have both books, the Vol. 2 looks "heavier" for sure but not too heavy.  Both books are either 16 or 17 chapters (without looking).   It would be just right to take a chapter  week to complete them all. On the internet, I found a coop that did them both but nothing more than their site saying they used them both for 10th world.     I read another site where it says it is too much (on someone's old post) yet I'm looking at it and just as 2 spines, it doesn't look too much for us.  My son reads really quickly and likes to read. I'm thinking of adding history readers, etc.  I'm going to try it anyhow.  Will see how it goes! thanks :)