Menu

Writing with Ease looks great for my dc but what about me?

I think WWE will help me out a great deal with my dc. Writing has always been something I struggle with and now I'll be able to have a guide to teach my dc. I still worry about my bad writing skills caring over to them, after all I'm the one teaching them. Is there anything you can recommand to help me learn to write better?

I think WWE will help me out a great deal with my dc. Writing has always been something I struggle with and now I'll be able to have a guide to teach my dc. I still worry about my bad writing skills caring over to them, after all I'm the one teaching them. Is there anything you can recommand to help me learn to write better?

Some more ideas...

What about learning with WWE alongside of or a little ahead of your kids? Once you feel comfortable with the concepts in WWE (turning thoughts into words, and getting words onto paper with correct spelling, spacing, punctuation and capitals), you could challenge yourself with the next stage. But before that challenge, if you are not comfortable with spelling, punc., grammar, etc., study a spelling program and a grammar program for yourself (I like R&S for grammar and I go through it orally for myself, except for diagraming which I do on paper - and I had to start in the 4th grade book!). Get comfortable with these things first.

Then, move on to some logic stage suggestions for writing. Listen to SWB's writing CD or read her essays on writing at Peace Hill Press. Learn from R&S how to diagram and outline, then apply your knowledge along with the CD/essay suggestions, using a history or a science book that you want to study. You'll end up getting a lot of thinking/writing practice this way. You can also learn some creative writing from R&S grammar books.

Once you are comfortable with that whole process, start some rhetoric stage reading/writing study of history, science, literature, using SWB's essay/CD suggestions! :)

TWTM logic and rhetoric stage reading sections also give some suggestions on how to read/analyze/write about literature books.

hth