Menu

Mostly Independent Writing program 7th grade

brla

We used Essentials in Writing this past year. The girls said it was fine and would do it again if there were no other options. So, in an effort to figure out if there are any other options that are not too expensive, I decided to ask the experts (that's you guys)!

So, what I'm looking for is a writing program that will teach my kiddos how to write and be as independent as possible. I only want to grade the papers and answer questions.

Any suggestions?

We are using Home2Teach for my 6th grader. She is in her 3rd session. Each session is 6 weeks long and about $80. I'm happy with it so far. She has done descriptive, creative, and creative writing 2 so far. They like for the parent to be uninvolved. They expect the child to completely do the assignments with no help from the parents. Obviously, if your child needs clarification on something, that's not what they mean. They just stress that all work be done without the parent revising. That is the job of the teacher. They WANT to see the mistakes. They do their assignment, send it in, get revisions and helpful tips, redo and send in.....this goes on until the paper meets the teacher standards. It's done all online in a text based classroom. Plus they teach MLA formatting. Everything has to be done in MLA format. I am just getting ready to sign my dd up for Narrative Writing for next session. In about week 4 of each session, your teacher contacts you and makes a suggestion as to what class the child needs to move on to.

Sandy