Menu

Help! Need advice on curriculum

Guest Sahmamma

Guest Sahmamma

I'm new here, but not new to homeschooling. We are finishing up our third year. I am hoping for some guidance for what to choose for my children for certain subjects. Right now I have an 11 year old, 8 year old, and a 5 year old. My older two struggle a lot. My oldest has ADHD, and my second oldest is being tested for dyslexia and auditory processing issues.

I would love to find something that addresses vocabulary, something for spelling (oldest needs help with this), grammar, english, and maybe history. My oldest also hates writing and is struggling with structures of paragraphs/etc.

Right now we are using Beautiful feet books for history. It's going well.

We are also using Learning language arts through literature. Although I like this, I find that there is almost too much information spread out all at once for my easily distracted children.

we are doing nothing for vocab, and they both need work in this area. Wordly wise maybe?

Any and all thoughts are welcome, I have read the well trained mind book, but it seems overwhelming.

I would love to find something that addresses vocabulary, something for spelling (oldest needs help with this), grammar, english, and maybe history. My oldest also hates writing and is struggling with structures of paragraphs/etc.

Edited by SilverMoon