Menu

Editions of Utopia and Faerie Queene book 1?

I would like to use our Kindle for some titles, but I don't want an unreadable translation. Can anyone comment on the best versions of these - if they are even available in updates from the old english.

Utopia, Thomas More?

Faerie Queene, Edmund Spenser?

As far as I know Faerie Queene was written in Modern English by Edmund Spenser, who like his contemporary Shakespeare wrote in Modern English.

Now, it's nice to have a good editor/annotator, but not necessary like a good translator.

Ok - I thought Spenser was earlier... I remember that as my hardest read in lit classes. So, I'll go with Kindle with Sparknotes for both of these to save a few dollars. Thank you.

Ok - I thought Spenser was earlier... I remember that as my hardest read in lit classes. So, I'll go with Kindle with Sparknotes for both of these to save a few dollars. Thank you.

His sonnets are easier. I read those in college. Although I mostly remember him for the line "S like the poet" in the Spenser TV show.