Menu

grade 3 book list

Guest syme

Hello,

I am using this forum for the first time and very excited. I have read The Well Trained Mind and can't get enough of it. I have a child in Grade 3 and am wondering if there is a comprehensive reading list for the elementary grade (fiction and non-fiction). I know in the book, there is a list of books for history, but I am looking for books that my child can benefit from for pleasure reading, but at the same time choosing books that have value and correct grammar, and high vocabulary or at proper word choices instead of slang. I know in libraries there are a series by Beverly Cleary. I have not yet looked at them, but know many children read them who attend public schools.

Any suggestions would be great! By the way do I have to stay logged on in order to see a reply?

Thanks,

Syme

I love this question. My son is doing Magic Treehouse for read-aloud, but I am finding myself constantly saying to him, "There should really be a comma there instead of a period," or, "That is not a complete sentence." It's frustrating. The books are otherwise great, though.