Menu

Sonlight Core F - Eastern Hemisphere

TXMary2

Is anyone using the new Sonlight Core F Eastern Hemisphere? I have the 2007 Core 5 version and was going to re-use it next year with my youngest before getting back on to the WTM history rotation. I made the mistake of going to the SL website and looking at samples - it looks so much better! The notes, the Language Arts etc. So now I want the new IG of course, but I am curious to hear what others think of the new version. Right now I am feeling starry eyed. My original plan was to buy the new World Book CD and the EHE pages, use my 2007 IG with the needed tweaking, and stick to the language arts we are already using. Somebody convince me the new IG w/LA is worth it - or talk me down!

I decided to get the new IG since it only cost 50 bucks with my repurchase discount AND it included the LA ( which I didn't use/have last time) The EHE is SO much easier. It is prefect for my daughter but would have been way too easy when my sons did it. But it is much less frustrating. We have been doing it for 3 weeks, as usual we are so off schedule. We are exactly on schedule of the EhE. She has finished all of the readers plus 4 extra books. We are on week 6 of the readalouds. I am using the library for the new books. I would skip the Best Loved Folktales book. We didn't care for it. We LOVED Where the Mountain Meets the Moon. We are still on week 2 for the LA. Writing papers takes us a long time. She can't write one in a day or two. But I like the way that the IG is completely intergrated. It also has big maps with keys!!!! Hooray. I like the changes.

Thanks. I am glad to hear the EHE pages are easier. I did notice they were different than when we used them.