Menu

Tablet Class Math program

Girl Power

Oldest dd has used Saxon up through Algebra 1, but really felt burn out by the end of the year. So in researching other options that include instruction, I came across this math program. I enrolled in the free trial and have to say how much I love it.

His instruction is top notch, includes several problem set worksheets for each chapter, WITH VIDEO WORKING THROUGH EACH PROBLEM!! There are also great monitoring tools for parents that graph out their scores throughout and lets you stay on top of their progress.

Mr. Zimmerman spent a lot of time with me on the phone today walking me through what sequence (Algebra II vs. Geometry) would be best for dd next year and he voiced his admiration of homeschooling families and his decision in recent years to tailor his math products toward homeschooling students.

Just wanted to put out the word and add Tablet Class as a strong player in the high school math realm.

http://www.tabletclass.com/homeschool/overview

ETA: I have not been asked to review this product and I am NOT being compensated

Beck

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting. This program looks very promising!

One of the things I cannot determine so far is the level of rigor, especially compared to other programs such as KineticBooks, AOPS, Math without Borders/Foerster, etc... I know the format is somewhat different. But I am not so concerned with that as I am with level of difficulty and of course longer term results. It seems like there is very little review of this program on the web. The few I have seen here seem favorable. However there is just not much data about it beyond a several 'works great for us' kinds of posts. And unfortunately those can be found with every program from TT to AOPS. :001_huh:

Thanks for any additional input you can provide regarding perceived rigor compared to other programs more are familiar with. Also have you found this to be more spiral or mastery based?

• 1 month later...
Guest Stacy B

My son has been using tablet class for two years. Completed pre-Algebra,

Algebra 1 and is nearly done with Geometry. I highly recommend Tablet Class. The pace, explanation and depth are ideal in my opinion. He isn't only learning how to solve problems, but he now truly understands the concepts behind the problems and real life applications. Mr. Zimmerman is an excellent teacher and the organization of the material is superior when I compare it to some textbooks. It's like having a real teacher teach at our home.

Tablet Class Math has inspired my son. It has helped get his arms around the concepts so much that he now LOVES math, whereas in past years it was just another subject. I think they still have a free trial. That's what we did to get started.

For my younger children we use Math Mammoth worktexts. They are very good. The worksheets are K-12. When I started Tabletclass I thought I might get some to supplement, but we have not needed them.

My son has been using tablet class for two years. Completed pre-Algebra,

Algebra 1 and is nearly done with Geometry. I highly recommend Tablet Class. The pace, explanation and depth are ideal in my opinion. He isn't only learning how to solve problems, but he now truly understands the concepts behind the problems and real life applications. Mr. Zimmerman is an excellent teacher and the organization of the material is superior when I compare it to some textbooks. It's like having a real teacher teach at our home.

Tablet Class Math has inspired my son. It has helped get his arms around the concepts so much that he now LOVES math, whereas in past years it was just another subject. I think they still have a free trial. That's what we did to get started.

For my younger children we use Math Mammoth worktexts. They are very good. The worksheets are K-12. When I started Tabletclass I thought I might get some to supplement, but we have not needed them.

Another great success story using TabletClass! Thank you Stacy.

Beck inspired me to give a try. We have been using the Pre-Algebra course and my son really likes it. Plus John Zimmerman is a great help when needed. You can see my review of the Pre-Algebra class here:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/showthread.php?t=429333&highlight=Tabletclass

• 3 years later...

Another great success story using TabletClass! Thank you Stacy.

Beck inspired me to give a try. We have been using the Pre-Algebra course and my son really likes it. Plus John Zimmerman is a great help when needed. You can see my review of the Pre-Algebra class here:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/showthread.php?t=429333&highlight=Tabletclass

Would you mind telling how John Zimmerman is a great help when needed?

Thanks.

Would you mind telling how John Zimmerman is a great help when needed?

Thanks.

Hi Rosepetal,

It's been a few years now.  But in looking back, I remember John Z. always having great customer service in terms of his quick response to any questions I had about his courses.  I tended to ask a lot of questions and he was always friendly and very helpful.  Or put another way, if I asked him a question, he always had a good answer that resolved issues I had at the time.

Hope that helps,