Menu

Will Abeka Grammar work for my Sociable Sue?

The fact is, that trying to get my Sociable Sue through a stack of workbooks takes far more emotional energy than sitting with her and teaching her- which as I resigned myself to it, is truly enjoyable!

Our grammar and Writing isn't working so I am revamping and ordered Abeka which I do like and have used before.

I don't want to purchase any more curriculum. On hand, I have QLL and PLL (which I do love and know it works OK) but I really really desire more grammar, dictionary, and study skills that Abeka provides.

----Will it help if I get the Curriculum/Lesson Plans do that I can interact more creatively and intelligently before she does the Abeka pages? (which I would go with her as much as feasible.)

The lesson plans have chalk board exercises and some verbal teaching and helps. It did give info on journal writng and writing helps.

What is nice is they have the spelling words listed in the spelling plans. I used the words for dd but we did not use their spelling workbook. She just wrote the words the planner gave, wrote sentences for them, and took the spelling test.

Edited by Down_the_Rabbit_Hole