Menu

Ap Comparative Governement or Ap Human Geography: Online or approved syllabus?

I see Penn. Homeschoolers cancelled AP Comp. Gov't for this year and doesn't offer AP Human Geography to 9th graders.

Does anyone know what Penn. Homeschoolers online plans are for Ap Comp. Gov't in 2013-2014?

Is there another online provider with good test results for comparable price for these courses?

Would these be good exams to write my own syllabus for to get our feet wet with AP?

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by LNC

Would these be good exams to write my own syllabus for to get our feet wet with AP?

Thanks for any advice.

I'm not sure quite what you mean by this. To put an AP course on your syllabus it must be approved by the college board in advance.

If however, you just want to prepare a child to take an AP course, then put it on your syllabus without notation and line up taking the AP test.

I'm not sure quite what you mean by this. To put an AP course on your syllabus it must be approved by the college board in advance.

If however, you just want to prepare a child to take an AP course, then put it on your syllabus without notation and line up taking the AP test.

Yes - I mean to create a syllabus to be approved by college board. So, her transcript can say Ap for the course.

Yes - I mean to create a syllabus to be approved by college board. So, her transcript can say Ap for the course.

Okay, then you can begin over on the college board's AP site, they have suggested texts and courses laid out. Obviously, you'll probably want to tinker. I would think the Geo one, which has a rep of being easier, would be a good course to start with.