Menu

3 sets of C-rods too much???

diaperjoys

We've just begun to use cuisenaire rods, and unexpectedly ended up with 3 sets. (I ordered set #2 and then discovered a friend was gifting me with set #3) They are all the small group sets of 155. Is that a crazy amount to have? I don't yet have a feel for what quantity is helpful and what quantity is over the top and would sit gathering dust on the shelf. Unfortunately I can't "wait and see" because if a return is going to be made I have to do it right away.

The kids will be 3rd, 2nd, 1st, and K in the fall, and we're using Math In Focus and as much Miquon as I can get my head around.

What says the hive? Keep or return set #3?

We have two sets, which have been plenty for us, but with the number and ages of your kids, you might be able to use three. I only have two children using them at the same time on a given day.

I would lean toward returning one set if you can spend the funds on something else and return shipping would not cost much.

Hopefully someone else who has that many sets will chime in.

How many kids are going to be using them at the same time?

Supposedly, 1 set of 155 is enough for a group of 4.

I have 4 kids using them at the same time, and 2 sets of 155, and we do run out on occasion. Not enough to make me buy a 3rd set, but I definitely wouldn't turn down a 3rd set if I was given one.