Menu

Religious History and Science suggestions?

Hi everyone,

I am looking for suggestions for history and science for my dd, who is K-1 level. I am doing Elemental History as well as Elemental Science: Intro, but I was looking for a supplemental history and science that brings God into the equation (or at least mentions him). I bought the stuff from HOD LHFHG (History for Little Pilgrims and The World that God Made from Christian Liberty Press) but these are too much for my dh and I. I love the idea, and it's what i want, but my dh and I just don't like the way things are presented. We wanted a general overview of history with God mentioned and how he helps to influence what happens. I don't mean to offend anyone who likes the program, but the 2 books just seem too pushy for our tastes, especailly at this young level. Does anyone have any other suggestions that we could try to add a religious component to these 2 subjects that is a little bit more gentle? Thanks so much!

Andrea

For science we LOVE Behold and See 1 from Catholic Heritage Curricula. It's printed by a Catholic homeschool company, but really isn't overly religious - I'm comfy using it even though we are no longer Catholic. It really is excellently written and full of easy science projects.