Menu

Chemistry Supplies

We are planning on doing Apologia Chemistry next year. Chemistry was one of my favorite courses in school. So I am a bit afraid I may go over board. I have been happy with the limited house hold items needed for the other Apologia series.

Do I need to purchase a chemistry set? The Chem C3000 and C1000 sets look really exciting but a bit pricey. Are they a course unto themselves and we would never get to all the experiements?

I need help holding down the cost of high school education!! Or do I just need to understand the courses cost more?

Thanks for your help!

Here is a link to Home Training tools:

http://www.hometrainingtools.com/product_categories/45/products/2471-chemistry-science-kit

This kit sells for $42. This is what I've done with two kids who have taken this course.

Unfortunately, High School does seem to cost more. Or perhaps it is because they need more than just reading some library books . . . which is easier to do in the younger years.

Do I need to purchase a chemistry set?

You will need some chemistry supplies in order to do the labs that are listed in the book. The $42 set that the other poster listed is what we used.

However, I decided not to buy the Microchem set recommended as a supplement in the book, but I really regretted that later. The standard labs in the book were OK, but I think Chemistry experiments should be a little more sophisticated. If you can swing the extra Microchem set, I'd recommend it.

Brenda