Menu

Trail guide atlas?

thowell

I think you post needs more info ;)

Trail Guide to World Geography? Or U.S?

For what age kids?

But really you can't go wrong for the first two level of questions. They are simple questions that should be in any atlas. If you have an atlas that you like and is age appropriate, then it will work. Have you looked at jr and children's atlas'. Is there one you like? Is there one your kids like? The younger the kid the more simple the better.

I do think the 3rd level of questions can be hard. And while I haven't tried to find them in a different atlas, I do think they are probably easier to do if you use the recomended atlas (Answer Atlas for World History).

I haven't actually used the U.S. one- just a minute while I go flip through the U.S. one. ;)

I think my answer still holds.

Any atlas would work for the level one questions. I think the key here is to make sure it isn't too overwhelming for the student. While my kids like to look at maps, if they have to find specific answers that is going to be easiest with a simpler atlas.

For level 2-I haven't really looked at any U.S. atlases but it looks like you need one with state nicknames/mottos and animals for many of the states. I am not sure if that is standard in kids atlases or not.

I do have the Children's Illustrated Atlas for World, and I think it is a great middle level atlas. I would think the U.S. one would be good too (the one recomended at Geography Matters).