Menu

CC Essentials/IEW vs SWB WWE/FLL

HappyDoopy

I'm trying to plan ahead ... anyone out there do/have done (or even just researched) Classical Conversations Essentials and/or IEW, and if so, can you compare/contrast it to Susan Wise Bauer's materials (specifically Writing With Ease and First Language Lessons)??

I'm trying to plan for next year (2012-2013), but it matters now as well, as I've heard that if you enroll in CC Essentials, you don't necessarily have to have done any grammar or writing prior, because the program is so thorough and complete. But if we choose not to do Essentials, then I will need to be intentional this year about grammar and writing, to lay that foundation for my current 3rd and 2nd graders. I know that SWB's materials are relatively new. I know that IEW has a great reputation. I know that I over-analyze and over-think and want the very best curriculum (ha! don't we all!?). ;)

Thoughts?

Thanks all!

sarah

We plan to do WWE & FLL for 1st through 4th, then Essentials after that. I think you *can* do Essentials never having had any grammar or writing, but it won't hurt to have a strong foundation before that. I hear people talking about Essentials being so challenging. I don't want my kids overwhelmed.