Menu

Sonlight science? Need a good program.

I'm having trouble deciding which science to use. I started using Elemental science last year, and it was okay. The span of animals seemed to drag out, and in hindsight, we should have just adjusted to suit us, and did more of a lapbook/craft thing. I did some of that at the end of the year. I would have liked to do more experiments, and I think maybe ds just wasn't ready for that curric.

So I looked at Sonlight science and it seems to have experiments and sort of follow the trivium a little. I looked at science a and b packages. I was thinking of getting both and combining them/using our own schedule. I just don't know. Science is frustrating me, since I can't seem to find something.

We used SL science B when Ariel was 5 and it was pretty good, but I didn't like the looks of their C level nearly as much. (I prefer secular materials and level C had more creationist content than A or B.) I got frustrated trying to find a curriculum that would meet my criteria and ended up using several GEMS units with a little BFSU sprinkled in. Next year will have some more GEMS, I think, and probably a couple of Intellego's science unit studies because they look very impressive without having to study, say, astronomy for an entire year. We need more variety than that.