Menu

Newbie question!

wtrmlnlabs

Okay, I just joined this board after finding it... well I don't know how!! Anyway, I'm not a big forums person and the only other forum I'm in is the DISboards. Their short hand is pretty much all on one theme of course :001_smile: So I'm looking around here and a bit confused on what all the letters mean. Does this board have a thread somewhere that helps with this at all? I have mostly used a cyber school with my boys to start with, this year was my first on my own schooling with DS8 and I didn't use any specific curriculum, so I'm not very familiar with a lot of them to even try to figure some things out... was hoping to learn more through here. The only one I've gotten is SOTW since I have gotten these and will start them soon. Anyway, just thought I would ask if there was a good place for me to start learning! :001_smile:

Check the sticky at the top of the page for a link to the abbreviations page that covers the vast majority of curriculum abbreviations.

"HS" is homeschool (although "HMSC" is apparently preferred on the list above, and my brain always translates "HS" as "high school" anyhow).

"DH" means "dear husband," "DS" means "dear son," and I'm sure you can guess what "DD" stands for. (Sometimes I wonder if I'm bowlderizing that first "D" though. Ah, well, we'll pretend it's always "dear." :p)

That should get you 90% of the way there, anyhow.