Menu

Sonlight Science E or Noeo Chemistry II?

I am having a hard time deciding which of these to choose for my DS 10 (will be 5th grade) and DD 7.5 (will be 3rd grade) for fall. They both look great. I like how Sonlight explores more topics, but Noeo also looks good (and less worksheety too). I plan to use Sonlight D+E for history, if that matters.

Has anyone used these who can offer advice??

Thanks!

We found the Sonlight science very dry and a little boring. On the other hand, we are currently using Noeo Chemistry II and the kids complain when we don't do it! :)

The only thing I would caution about with Noeo is that if your child is not an enthusiastic writer/drawing enthusiast, they will most likely hate the notebooking aspect of the program. I teach my daughter and my two nephews and one of them loves the reading & experiments but detests the amount the writing and sketching involved. For my daughter, luckily, it's a plus as fas as she's concerned.

Thank you! This is very helpful. My kids love to draw, and my dd loves to write, so Noeo sounds like it may be better. We did use Sonlight Science 1 about 4 years ago before the redesign and found it choppy and boring. But the level E books look more interesting.