Menu

Duke TIP help

Just Robyn

I'm trying to figure out how to enroll my ds in Duke TIP. It says they will waive the enrollment fee for families that qualify for free and reduced student lunch. Then it says in order to get a paper copy of the application (which is needed if you're also applying for a fee waiver) you have to get it from your school. I'm thinking school is not in session right now and it looks like the deadline is June 30th. We didn't even get our scores until June 1st.

Also it says that if you apply between March 25th and June 30th they may ask for updated test scores. I just think that's weird. Anybody know why?

Has anybody here applied for a fee waiver?

Another question - if we buy a course do we have a time limit for completion? I'm thinking about buying Word Power first. If I decide not to use it this year (since I already have Dynamic Literacy) I could save it for next year, or use it in combination with DL but drag it out for two years.

One more question - on the application can I put Lastname Homeschool for the name of my ds's school (and our home address)? I've never known this to be a problem with anything, but while I'm asking questions....

ETA: Last question for real - Since my ds has just finished 3rd grade I was thinking it was appropriate to enroll him now as a 4th grader so he's part of the program for the entirety of next year, but I'm wondering if the requirement is that he be enrolled next year during their enrollment period starting in December. If that's true, I think that stinks since the same test results are used either way and 3rd grade is over for him now (and for most who were in 3rd for 2010-2011, I would think), but whatever.

Edited by crstarlette