Menu

Math Mammoth...how do you...

LisaKinVA

Resurrecting this thread for a question. Doesn't anybody just buy the printed MM books through Lulu? I don't see that mentioned here. Is it that much more expensive?

I have two school-aged kids using MM, and another two that will eventually be there. It makes far more sense for us to have electronic copies so we can print what we need however many times we need it. Also, I find that sometimes we skip through some pages orally from the laptop and avoid printing all together, so I like saving paper there where it makes sense.

Resurrecting this thread for a question. Doesn't anybody just buy the printed MM books through Lulu? I don't see that mentioned here. Is it that much more expensive?

If I was using it for a single kid and didn't have a way of printing very very inexpensively, I'd probably buy the workbooks.

As it was, with the co-op discount and three kids, it comes out to about $4/year/kid, which gives a lot of leeway for printing costs, especially since I don't print every single page.

I know, that with math, I like to be able to reprint if need be. I was using Saxon because of the textbook printing and reusing problems as needed. The incremental approach worked well - maybe still does except for a few difficulties. I will get back to you on that, LOL.

Anyway, I print MM on a single side of the page and require problems or scratch work to be recorded on the adjacent page's back. I hate to loose papers. I want to see the train of thought for the solution. While MM has ample room, I have taught dd to "scratch" her work and then copy over for a final solution/answer. This keeps the page itself neat and allows "thinking" time.

Printing for us - I printed a book for three dollars and comb bound them for a few pennies. :) I didn't look at the cost as much as the versatility for extra pratcie and reprint for the just-dont-get-it moments.

I printed (double sided) the entire level, 3 hole punched it and put it in a binder. Dh brought home a laser printer last week (a freebie from work) :w00t::hurray: so printing just got really cheap here! I like to have all (or as much as possible) my printing done for the year before we start.

Originally Posted by woolybear viewpost.gif

I have 2 dc using MM right now and 2 more coming up the line. So buying the download and printing it out was much cheaper for me.

Edited by Katiebug_1976

Those of you who are using the ProClick binding or something similar... do you have lefties and, if so, does the binding pose an inconvenience to them?

Could you just load the pages in the machine upside down, so it binds on the right instead of the left?