Menu

Printer?

We are starting to print off our hsing materials and I am running into a really big problem. Printer ink. I seem to go through a ton of it. Printing off a 46 pg document took an entire ink cartridge with our current printer (Lexmark Z611). I have it set on the lowest settings as far as using ink but still uses it all very quickly. I'm happy to buy a more expensive one that won't use ink quite that quickly but am not sure what or where to find it. HELP!!

I adore my Brother Laser printer (MFC-9320cw). Toner is expensive (much less if you buy it online though) although so is inkjet cartridges... but the toner needs to be replaced much MUCH less frequently than ink jet cartridges. Its much more cost effective. I no longer worry about the kids printing off tons of coloring sheets, or full color pictures of their webkinz :lol:

Also, if I have a lot to print off, especially before I got the laser printer, I would often upload my document to staples or some other office/print place and they would print it and I'd go pick it up. All of those places will let you upload documents and then pick up the copies later...office max, kinkos, etc. It doesn't cost too much for black and white, double-sided copies, and they can bind it for me as well.