Menu

non-fiction audiobooks

Guest sage mama

Guest sage mama

We are enjoying listening to The Story of the World audiobooks. We've used the books and activity books for years, but I am really enjoying being able to pop in a CD while they play LEGOs or draw. Does anyone have any other non-fiction audiobook suggestions? Thanks!

(I tried to post this earlier but the server was busy, so please excuse if this is a double post.)

These are some of our favorites:

Naxos Audiobooks--There are some non-fiction titles in there.

Your Story Hour--We like the Bible CDs and the historical biography ones. (Christian Content)

Greathall Productions (scroll down to see them) are read by Jim Weiss and have some non-fiction titles.

Jim Hodges Audio We have the "You Are There: US History Collection" and enjoy it.

You're welcome. And I forgot to mention that Rainbow Resource carries most of them. I like to get the Naxos from Amazon--every once in a while one or two will be marked down for a short time. Yesterday we just got the Greek Myths one in the mail that I was able to get for $7.99. I just keep my eye on them or put the ones I want in my cart and "save for later" so they always notify me of the price changes.

Also, if you're interested in the Your Story Hour albums, libraryanded.com has the best prices, and I think they're well worth the cost. You have to register as a homeschooler on that site but they have great prices on certain books and CDs.