Menu

Please Help number recognition

susancollins

My son Jackson who is in kindergarten is having trouble with number recognition. He is doing well with telling time, basic adding, but number recognition gets him every time. A little background he turn 6 in January he was born at 35 weeks. He has some developmental delays. He has been diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder. He goes to Speech once a week and OT every other week. We do the one to one-hundred counting chart daily. I point to the numbers and say them this takes about 3 minutes. He can count to 100 by himself without the chart. He can recognize numbers up to 14 but has trouble after that. What fun activities can I do with him to help with number recognition. He had a review today we use Abeka and the number was 44 and he said it was 76. I also play a game where I say the number is 35 and have him point to the correct number he gets confused with this also. Thanks so much!