Menu

I'm looking for a curr. to integrate history, lit., art and music. Does TOG do that?

gandpsmommy

I still can't quite understand what TOG is. I visited their website and looked around a bit, but it is still kind of nebulous and vague to me. Also, if you buy the complete TOG Year 1, do you get just their written curr. or a lot of separate books to read? And what is the difference between redesign and classic? Thanks.

Tapestry covers history, literature, church history, art, geography and has a writing component as well (I don't use the writing).

Tapestry can be a bit confusing and overwhelming at first, but it is a great curriculum. I would suggest printing off their free sample for the year plan that you are interested in. That would give you a chance to read through the lessons and get a "feel" for how the program works.

I've used TOG for the past three years and I pick and choose what to use on a week by week basis. I've made it work for my family by not following every little thing that they suggest! ;)

BTW, the program doesn't come with the books. You choose which books to buy or check out of the library. I tend to buy books that will be used for several weeks and check out the rest from the library.

As to your second question Redesigned is a complete re-working of the curriculum. They have reorganized the material, updated book suggestions and in general made it easier to use. Unfortunately I haven't been able to use the re-design yet (I'm using Year 3 this year and they are just finishing Year 2), BUT I have bought the Redesign to use my next time through.

HTH,

Lee

I still can't quite understand what TOG is. I visited their website and looked around a bit, but it is still kind of nebulous and vague to me. Also, if you buy the complete TOG Year 1, do you get just their written curr. or a lot of separate books to read? And what is the difference between redesign and classic? Thanks.

Yes TOG has all of those. Try the three week sample. Go to Egypt or Sail to the New World. They have the full weeks you can look at in PDF files or it you go to the start here feature you can look at them individually with little explanation post notes.

It has a lot of pieces, so you can customize your hs. It is easy to become overwhelmed at all the pieces.

Heather