Menu

Math 10-20?

bbrandonsmom

So we are using SM, and just got to math 10-20, by making 10's. But, from what I can tell, there are only 2 pages of it, before they dive right into subtraction in the same. I looked on MM to see if there was a supplement for extra practice for the sum of 10-20, and found MM 2A, had addition 10-18, but I don't know is she uses the same method?

I can't find anything else to print up to practice this. I'd like ds to be proficient in sums 10-20 before we jump to subtraction, or by going right into subtraction, does it force them to think about the math/subtraction of 1-10? Did that even make sense?

Ds grasped it pretty quick, what I was trying to explain about making a 10 first, because he knows all the 10 + # ='s, and as he was making his own circles to make 10 first, he seemed to understand better. But there is only 1 worksheet of doing that.

MM used to have this free worksheet link where you made your own problems, and I guess I didn't bookmark it, and now can't find it on MM. I know there was practice of making 10's for sums from 10-20. I have a ton of worksheets of 7+8, 6+5 etc, but none of it presents making a 10 first. I suppose I can make dots next to them and have him draw circles around the clusters to make tens? Hmm, we can play around with blocks and number cards too, or the dry erase board I guess.