Menu

Financial Peace University vs. Financial Peace homeschool curriculum

I missed the homeschool coop buy on Dave Ramsey's Homeschool curriculum bundle. I have the opportunity to buy the regular 13 lesson audio cds of Financial Peace University. Can anyone tell me how very different the two are besides examples used? The price for the homeschool bundle seems ridiculously high to me for what you get. I would love to have a good explanation before I order the homeschool bundle.

Is this what you were looking at buying? I bought this in the summer, plus one more workbook for my child who will use the program in 2 years. I figured it averages out to $50 a child, and I can re-sell the CD set when I'm finished.

It's my son's favorite subject!

http://www.daveramsey.com/store/kids-teens/-i-foundations-in-personal-finance-i-homeschool-pack-with-1-student-workbook/prodFOUNDHOMEPKCUR.html

I don't know, but since we already own FPU, we'll just take dd through it when we're ready. I'm not going to spend $100 or more on another "curriculum" that teaches the same principles and methods we already own, kwim? I can't imagine it would be THAT different, aside from "teen specific" examples.

I have a friend who teaches FPU and who has seen the homeschool curriculum, and this is what he said to me:

The high school curriculum and home school set look the same to me. It also looks like the modules are the same as FPU, so I'm guessing they just chop up the videos into more manageable segments for the kids. Here's the link to the segment list of the high schoolers:

http://www.facebook.com/l/1e9dagAFGiS4SX1TKYN68lbd54Q;www.daveramsey.com/school/foundations-chapter-summaries/

So my guess is that the main difference will be in the workbook - that will be more designed for high schoolers, and probably have some quizzes and stuff.

And here, he sent me a follow-up:

Re: Dave Ramsey Question

Found the sample videos for Chapter 1: Looks like it is not only the FPU video, but some other clips with kids spread into it.

http://www.daveramsey.com/school/foundations-samples/

That, plus the workbook and tests and such.

I'm inclined to say go with the home school stuff. It's more geared towards the kids. I'm also betting they may have cut at least some of the additional biblical stuff out to get into a public school setting, though it will probably still be in Lesson 4 (one of the main points of that is the gazelle intensity which comes from Proverbs).

HTH