Menu

gluten free low carb cheese cracker!

Ok, you all probably already know this because it's so easy, but my daughter really wanted goldfish crackers. She's allergic to wheat so she can't have them. I found out you can take American Cheese and cut it into 1 CM squares and bake it in the oven to make cheese crackers. How awesome! Even I can eat them on my low carb diet!

:party:

I tried to do them as directed and they burnt (400 degree oven for 7 minutes). Then I tried a batch at 350 degrees for six minutes and I watched them closely- perfect. They puff up and turn a little brown on the top. Right when it turns a tad brownish and it's all puffy you take them out. If you take them out sooner they'll be chewier, later they'll be crunchier. But- with all that said I thought the burnt ones were mighty tasty and super crunchy. My daughter wouldn't try them just because of how they looked, but I liked them.

So I have about a cupful of little crunchy crackers on the counter and it only took three slices of American cheese. Cheap and tasty! BTW, the recipe said you can't use "cheese food." It has to say "american cheese." Also the recipe said to keep them at least an inch apart from each other so they won't run together.

My husband even likes these- I had to tell him to stop eating them because they're for Grace.