Menu

TOG Booklist

I am so confused, I finally made my decision to go with TOG this year and I am looking at the Bookshelf for the list of books to buy and printed them out, the only problem is that I have the 3 week sample (yr1) and there are books listed in the History Core section that are not on the booklist.

I am a very inpatient and busy person and dont want to get to a week and not have all the books that we need to have. I am just going to buy them all because I know that my little ones will cycle through and then I dont have to hunt them down twice. I have a full plate of things right now, Im HSing 3 kids, working fulltime and going to school fulltime so I just dont have time to not have everyhting ready to go! Please help! Is there a more accurate booklst that I will get until I buy the entire year? :confused: Am I completely missing something? Thanks for any help!!

ALana

Did you print the regular book list and the list of alternate books? I know when I was on bookshelf that I had to print the alternate list separately.

Where did you get the booklist from? Is it literally part of the 3 week sample? Typically if a book is listed in the curric but not on the Bookshelf booklist, then it is an out of print book. Make sure you have the most recent 3 week sample from TOG, otherwise, look for an updated booklist. It is possible that they were in the middle of doing updates when you printed it and they didn't catch that yet. Rest assured this is not typical of TOG; I'm sure it's a simple human error that will be dealt with. Call their office on Monday and speak to someone, they excel in helping people. :001_smile:

P.S.: When all else fails, go by what the curric says, not the booklist.

Where did you get the booklist from? Is it literally part of the 3 week sample? Typically if a book is listed in the curric but not on the Bookshelf booklist, then it is an out of print book. Make sure you have the most recent 3 week sample from TOG, otherwise, look for an updated booklist. It is possible that they were in the middle of doing updates when you printed it and they didn't catch that yet. Rest assured this is not typical of TOG; I'm sure it's a simple human error that will be dealt with. Call their office on Monday and speak to someone, they excel in helping people. :001_smile:

P.S.: When all else fails, go by what the curric says, not the booklist.

This http://www.lampstandbookshelf.com/ZC/index.php?main_page=resources is what I used to get the booklists.

Is this what you are looking at?

http://www.lampstandbookshelf.com/ZC/index.php?main_page=resources

After making your selection, it should have all the books listed that you'd need for that selection.

Yes, that is where I printed the list and in week 2 reading assignment Who Built the Pyramids is listed but I dont see it on the the list of the books!

Alana

It is there, but there isn't a bookshelf link to it. Maybe they don't sell it for some reason.

You probably aren't seeing it because you are selecting Unit 1. It just says YU for the unit. Trying searching "All Units" and scroll down.