Menu

help me define classical hs and cm

I am writing a blog post this week, telling what we did in HS this year. mostly only family reads my blog, but the in-laws and my parents don't know much about what we do. i mostly follow WTM with lots of living books and CM. Can anyone help me write just one sentence describing what a classical education is? and another one describing Charlotte Mason? i could do it in a paragraph, but I think I will lose them..plus I am brain dead right now from hosting Fathers Day!

Hmmm. Quotes from The Core by Leigh Bortins:

"The purpose of a classical educatin is to strengthen one's mind, body, and character in order to develop the ability to learn anything."

"The classical model emphasizes that learning feeds the soul and edifies the person rather than producing employees to work and assembly line. The goal of a classical education is to instill wisdom and virture in people. We see learning as a continuing conversation that humankind has been engaged in for centuries..."

Hmmm. Quotes from The Core by Leigh Bortins:

"The purpose of a classical educatin is to strengthen one's mind, body, and character in order to develop the ability to learn anything."

"The classical model emphasizes that learning feeds the soul and edifies the person rather than producing employees to work and assembly line. The goal of a classical education is to instill wisdom and virture in people. We see learning as a continuing conversation that humankind has been engaged in for centuries..."

Thanks Heidi, I love the picture of all three boys reading.

Guest mrsjamiesouth

Charlotte Mason believed children learn best when given abundant, high-quality books; time in the outdoors; and are taught gently using methods such as narration, short lessons, and “masterly inactivity.â€

I found this description of LBC.

Charlotte Mason believed children learn best when given abundant, high-quality books; time in the outdoors; and are taught gently using methods such as narration, short lessons, and “masterly inactivity.â€

I found this description of LBC.

thanks that is great!