Menu

New here and looking for ideas to convert to WTM

saukrivermom

Next year I will only be hsing one child (grade 3) and I would really like to step it up and give dc the best I can give. I am a little more relaxed and for sure I am not a "type A mom", but will be able to be more structured if I am only hsing one.

What should I read? I have read the original WTM book, but not recently.

Are there favorite resources that maybe I am not aware of?

Other websites to check out?

Any infomral rules around here that I need to know?

Thanks for letting me ask questions!

Well, I think that reading TWTM is a great place to start. I would see if you can get the updated version and see some of the new curriculum that is out there. Have you looked at the Story of the World history series (written by Susan Wise Bauer). You can view it at Peacehillpress.com. It is a great elementary history curriculum. Good luck, and feel free to ask lots of questions!

Well, I think that reading TWTM is a great place to start. I would see if you can get the updated version and see some of the new curriculum that is out there. Have you looked at the Story of the World history series (written by Susan Wise Bauer). You can view it at Peacehillpress.com. It is a great elementary history curriculum. Good luck, and feel free to ask lots of questions!

:iagree:

Read the WTM and as for websites, you've got us!:)

have used them with my older children. This might be the perfect year to start the 4-year cycle. I just thought that the SOTW were too advanced (content) when they were younger.

I have seen the new TWTM at the bookstore here in town, but I will check the library right now.

Thanks!

We switched over when my eldest was halfway through grade 2. SOTW is a very enjoyable way to begin history. The Activity Guide has maps, narration questions, book lists, and many hands-on activities to make history come alive.

I also used the recommendations in TWTM to figure out my curriculum choices in other subjects. We didn't do everything, but we were really blessed by TWTM and by the wisdom on these boards.

Sarah

the entire set of readers.

I was going to start last fall, but we wanted to go through The American Girl books. We have so enjoyed them.

My husband actutally used SOTW w/ our son when he was in 4th grade and I was having some troubles with him. Even dad loved it and learned a lot.

Thanks!

We switched over when my eldest was halfway through grade 2. SOTW is a very enjoyable way to begin history. The Activity Guide has maps, narration questions, book lists, and many hands-on activities to make history come alive.

I also used the recommendations in TWTM to figure out my curriculum choices in other subjects. We didn't do everything, but we were really blessed by TWTM and by the wisdom on these boards.

Sarah