Menu

Question about Calvert

Guest KaciMI

I don't know what the WTM board's specific policy is, but legally, you are allowed to sell the Calvert curriculum (on Ebay or anywhere), but not the manuals. If you list the manuals in an Ebay post, for example, the post will be removed.

There is some sort of stipulation that the Calvert manual is "leased" to you when purchasing their curriculum, but it is to be destroyed upon completion and not resold to anyone. This is Calvert's policy.

Of course, there is nothing to stop you from passing the manual along (although, I guess it would technically be illegal), but you certainly cannot list it for sale in a public forum.

HTH,

Guest KaciMI

I bought 6th grade 7 years ago and never used it. It takes up so much room. Why would anyone want to buy the curriculum without the manuals and keys. Do you know if it is at least legal to give it away?

Yes, people will buy the books without the manuals, either as a set or individually. I have known of people who don't advertise the manuals for sale, but once they have found a buyer, will let them know that they do have the manuals, and "may" include them as "packing materials". I don't know how legal this is, but it is done.

HTH,