Menu

Math/Clock questions

momofabcd

Would you consider clock work abstract. I'm not just talking about telling time. Here are some examples of questions that would have a picture of a clock with them. Plus we have a practice clock.

~ The clock face reads 7:35. They want you to say so many minutes till such hour.

~ The clock face reads 1:05. They want you to say so many minutes past such hour.

~ The clock face reads 3:20. What is 5 minutes later?

~ Susie started weeding her garden at 6:15. It took her 20 minutes. At what time did she finish?

~ Tommy started mowing the lawn at 7:40. He finished at 8:15. How long did it take him to mow the lawn?

I'm about ready to pull my hair out with my 10 year old ds because he knows how to tell exact time to the minute. He knows the clock is in 5 min. intervals. He knows it's split up into 4 equal quarters. He knows 30 minutes is half of 60. He just can't answer questions like these to save his life. Any suggestions? I've tried to explain it, but nothing seems to get through to him. Is it even worth the hassle?