Menu

Anyone use CLE LA 2???

lovinmykids

All my children have always used Abeka for the full language stuff.

Some did well and some had a tough time remembering everything. But, I absolutely loved the phonics, they are all great readers because of it.

But now, were beyond learning to read and such, so with my youngest I wanted to start using CLE LA 2 this year. Does it seem really slow at first to you?? Maybe I'm used to Abeka's teacher intensiveness, but sometimes I feel like were not doing anything. Were only in LU 201 so that is probely why. I have looked thru the other LU's and it seems like it will definetly pick up.

SO my question for anyone is......Do you feel that your child has gotten enough out of LA 2? If you compared it to other LA curriculums, would you say it's just as good?

I'm not talking about CLE LA 3rd and up, I know that people love them but only LA 2. I just don't know alot of people who use it so it's hard to get feedback. I will probely use a different spelling tho.

Thanks.

I am currently using CLE LA1 and LA2. I'm comparing this to public school last year, but it is WAY more language arts than they learned in school.

I'm very happy with it. I even bought the reading and plan on continuing with it later.

Oh, one note...the 2nd grader finds the lessons kinda long and every once in a while, she can't finish one in a single sitting.

Thanks for the input. I noticed you too are using a different spelling. Do you like BJU? do they do it by phonics or words that are the same sounds or endings?

I'm supplementing with R&S 3 and they are still easy words, but I like that she has stuff to do in the workbook that was like Abeka...

I guess I don't think the lessons were too long in the 2nd grade books and neither does Dd. I guess every kid is different in different areas. Math is our problem spot!

Thanks again!

LMK's