Menu

Happy Phonics

ProudGrandma

I love this. I didn't laminate it but maybe should have. The cutting out does take a while, but I just did it as we went along instead of all at once. I think it's a great program! I used it with my oldest son and will start using it again with my 4 year old.

Smiles,

Shalynn

I love this. I didn't laminate it but maybe should have. The cutting out does take a while, but I just did it as we went along instead of all at once. I think it's a great program! I used it with my oldest son and will start using it again with my 4 year old.

Smiles,

Shalynn

Did you use it by itself...or with another program??

Kathy

We have it. We use it as a supplement. We use ETC for preK and K, and then switch to R&S Phonics in 1st grade. I just look through the Happy Phonics guide for games that will reinforce whatever the children are learning in their main phonics program.

My children really enjoy the games. I second the idea to buy it used. Ours was already cut out and ready to use.

I used it along with Explode the Code. That's all I did for phonics for my oldest and he has always read above grade average. I got a late start teaching my second son so we didn't use Happy Phonics. But my 4 year old will be using it on it's own this year.

Smiles,

Shalynn

maybe you could try Vegsource? I have it but I'll be using it for my younger two. I love it and didn't find the cutting very consuming, but I did it as I went along and kind of liked cutting and organizing as I went along. I put each game in little ziploc bags and labeled them because I knew I'd be using it again.

If money is not an issue and you can't find it used, I'd bite the bullet and order it new :D

Blessings,

Lisa

I use Magnet Letters, Bob books, Explode the Code and Happy Phonics to teach reading, ala Ruth Beechick. It was insane to assemble, but I have managed to keep it together for about 6 years and it's still going strong. I'd laminate it if I had to do it again. Going on my fourth kid!

Becky in WA:001_smile: