Menu

Could RS4K chemistry level 1 be done independently by a 6th grader?

Quiver0f10

Ideally I'd like to do this with him but I am trying to figure out my schedule for next year and I don't know. There isn't enough time in my day. I really want to do chemistry with my 6th, 3rd and 1st graders, but everything is either too easy for the 6th grader or too hard for the 3rd and 1st graders. I am thinking the only option is to keep them seperate.

Ideally I'd like to do this with him but I am trying to figure out my schedule for next year and I don't know. There isn't enough time in my day. I really want to do chemistry with my 6th, 3rd and 1st graders, but everything is either too easy for the 6th grader or too hard for the 3rd and 1st graders. I am thinking the only option is to keep them seperate.

My oldest did them for the first half of 5th grade, independently. I didn't require her to record the labs, but she would have needed help if I had as the RS4K lab sheets are pretty open ended.

I have a schedule in the RS4K files of how I combined it with DK Chemistory, DK Matter, Tiner's History of Chemistry and added experiments with Chemistry for Kids.

Heather

I have a schedule in the RS4K files of how I combined it with DK Chemistory, DK Matter, Tiner's History of Chemistry and added experiments with Chemistry for Kids.

I've never heard of specific files like this mentioned. What am I missing? It sounds really good whatever it is. :001_smile:

I've never heard of specific files like this mentioned. What am I missing? It sounds really good whatever it is. :001_smile:

Jennifer,

I posted it in the files for the Real Science 4 Kids yahoo group, but if you aren't a member, then feel free to e-mail me and I can send the PDF file to you directly.

Heather (siloamlogos@gmail.com)