Menu

All this Timeline Talk.....

GoldenMolly

All this talk of timelines has me thinking. We just starting using one that I printed from I think Simply Charlotte Mason but I don't like the layout (at least how I printed it:confused:)

So I have been checking out the Add-A-Century timeline and Easy Timeline Creator. I want one that I can extend accordion style and fold up into a notebook. Neither one comes with any useful images but we like to draw our own, so no big deal there. We don't write alot of details, just picture, date and maybe a few clue words.

The price of Add-a-Century is pretty steep but it has what I like-grid lines so that everything lines up vertically, visually organized, and opens and folds neatly away. I am guessing I could print the grid/dates using Easy Timeline and use sticky circles to connect the pages like Add-A-Century uses. I can always reprint if needed and just separate the page we want to remove. The software is $30, and I have an abundance of cardstock and other colored paper to use, a B&W laser printer so my cost of supplies is pretty small. I would just purchase the sticky circles or use tape.

As our children get older (3rd and 4th now) we may want something different or more details so we could always do it over and also make multiple ones if they each want their own.

So does the Easy Timeline Creator sound like a better choice for what I thinking? Am I missing some important detail which would make this not work? Thanks for the insight:001_smile:

Molly