Menu

Celebrity Apprentice

I've watched the whole season. Is Joan driving anyone else nuts with her hatred for Annie and fire breathing name calling?!

If Joan truly was the cause of the design team quitting both teams in the final task, why aren't they looking into it? Why allow Joan to call Annie a liar if it's true?

Any thoughts?

I so dislike Joan Rivers after watching this season. Not that I respected her much before, but any respect I did have for her is long gone. Annie wasn't my favorite person on the show, but she did do a great job and I so wanted her to win instead of Joan. I think really it comes down to the Donald being a big suck up - there was no way he was going to fire Joan Rivers, especially when it would mean Annie would win. This season was pretty bad compared to last season.

I agree ladies. My husband pointed out something important. If Joan were 30 (instead of 75) and acted the way she did there is NO WAY she'd have won!

Annie is very manipulative, but she in no way is as venomous as Joan. I do feel bad for Joan and Melissa. They really have very few friends; you can tell by how little money they raised. I think Melissa had a HARD TIME in high school and never got over it. I think it's hard for Joan to see Melissa reliving that past. But that's really no excuse.

They really only have each other. Melissa's dad (Joan's husband) killed himself about 8 or 10 years ago. Melissa was married for a short time and has a son, but the marriage went south. I would bet Joan had a lot to do with it. Can you imagine the venom from her if Melissa and her husband had an argument? You know she was a big part of that marriage and its demise.

Sad, sad women.

FWIW...I am pretty sure Joan's husband committed suicide in the late 1980's. She and her daughter have been inseparable since then. I think the death took a tremendous toll on both of them and they have never gotten past it. So sad to carry that much hurt for that long.

Since Jesse James got fired, I wanted Joan to win! I don't like ANY venom, but I prefer it to sneaking and backstabbing. Annie wasn't a straight talker and Donald probably was for her until he watched the season. I think he prefers straight shooters and that's why he picked Joan. Melissa was EMBARRASSING! She should have gone out with class and let the world see how horrible Annie was. Instead, she lowered herself to Annie's level. At least Melissa didn't win.:D

Since Jesse James got fired, I wanted Joan to win! I don't like ANY venom, but I prefer it to sneaking and backstabbing. Annie wasn't a straight talker and Donald probably was for her until he watched the season. I think he prefers straight shooters and that's why he picked Joan. Melissa was EMBARRASSING! She should have gone out with class and let the world see how horrible Annie was. Instead, she lowered herself to Annie's level. At least Melissa didn't win.:D

I agree with you! I love Jesse! I wanted him to go against Annie and kick her butt!! Hubby and I were thinking that the producers of the show couldn't get interest if Brandi and Annie went against each other... but Joan and Annie would get lots of interest and ratings. LOL

I love Joan! I watched every episode and did not like Annie one bit. She IS manipulative and devious. She thought she could win like Piers with $$$ alone... Joan won 3 of the categories for the final show and Annie won only 2. Annie is a loud, know-it-all, braggart who turns off her team members and will talk behind your back. She drove me nuts with her constant "2nd driver" try to control the task from the team captain all of the time. And she betrayed Melissa and Joan episodes ago -- over Brandi. (OMG that was snarky) I prefer someone like Joan who will either be nice or vicious to your face (LOL) -- at least you know exactly where she is coming from and doesn't play games. Yay Joan for winning!!! :D

Edited by tex-mex

I didn't think Joan acted one bit differently than how Apprentice candidates have behaved in the board room since season 1. As Joan said, her venom was in her defense, in the board room only. She didn't spend every moment in front of the camera criticizing Annie, as Annie did to her.

Annie, on the other hand, was my least favorite character since the 1st episode. She is so narcissistic and dysfunctional. Every single episode I sincerely hoped she'd be fired. Justice was served last night.

Ultimately, I am glad Joan won. I have hated Annie since the middle of the season for all of the reasons posted by others. Mostly because she is so FULL of herself! I will say, however, that Joan was particularly venomous the last 2 shows and it brought her down a notch in my eyes.

I really like Joan. I think, at her age especially, she didn't use that as an excuse to be lazy or expect special favors. I admire her spunk and quick wit, unlike Annie...who was just a prideful witch much of the time. I think Joan seemed pretty humble and well educated. I loved it when she corrected Annie's grammar faux pas ('I acted professionally' instead of professional). I am glad the season is finished because it left me feeling rather exhausted.

Ginger

:iagree:

I agree with you! I love Jesse! I wanted him to go against Annie and kick her butt!! Hubby and I were thinking that the producers of the show couldn't get interest if Brandi and Annie went against each other... but Joan and Annie would get lots of interest and ratings. LOL

I love Joan! I watched every episode and did not like Annie one bit. She IS manipulative and devious. She thought she could win like Piers with $$$ alone... Joan won 3 of the categories for the final show and Annie won only 2. Annie is a loud, know-it-all, braggart who turns off her team members and will talk behind your back. She drove me nuts with her constant "2nd driver" try to control the task from the team captain all of the time. And she betrayed Melissa and Joan episodes ago -- over Brandi. (OMG that was snarky) I prefer someone like Joan who will either be nice or vicious to your face (LOL) -- at least you know exactly where she is coming from and doesn't play games. Yay Joan for winning!!! :D

:iagree::iagree:

I honestly couldn't watch it all after about 4 episodes. The whining, fighting, moaning. It was too much. It was like watching Nanny 911 with "adults" on it. I would tivo and scream through it because I wanted Jesse to win, but no luck. The Joan and Melissa melt down was just horrid. I won't watch it again and I hope to never have to see Joan or Annie or Melissa on tv again.

I was rooting for Joan in spite of her terrible language and her comments about some of the other people. She was quite witty many times. I loved the comment about how Clint's picture in all those frames looked like a line up.

I thought Clint and Herschel didn't want to be on Joan's team though. I honestly felt sorry for Brande because she worked so hard all season only to not be chosen as one of the final two. She really helped make Annie look good as a project manager.

I was surprised that Annie didn't win. She raised so much money and she won quite a few of the projects.

I agree ladies. My husband pointed out something important. If Joan were 30 (instead of 75) and acted the way she did there is NO WAY she'd have won!

:iagree:

Trump is a wimp. He couldn't bring himself to fire an old lady. It was making me mad how he would praise and take her side, and would dismiss what Annie had to say. During the discussion about the event planner he seemed to take Joan's side when Annie was being completely honest. Heck, it was all on tape.