Menu

Apologia General science

I tried using this text with my 5th gr. ds and 7th gr. dd a couple of years ago. My 7th grader did well and has since completed Apologia Physical Science and Biology. For my 5th grader, it was just too much. Although he was a good reader, the information was just more than he was ready to handle, and we quit after about seven modules. This year, as a 7th grader, he has gone through this book with no difficulties at all-- excellent scores on all tests and good demonstrated comprehension.

For a 3rd and 6th grader, I would definitely recommend trying something else before tackling Apologia.

Best wishes-- Yvonne

Hi,

For expediency, I read the modules to my 5th and 7th grade daughters and both did quite well. We did the experiments with a few other families - all of whom were 6th or 7th graders. A 5th grader who attempted to do it couldn't, however. I attribute my 5th graders success to our reading together as we stopped and put things in "kid language" fairly often. I do think it would be quite challenging for a 3rd grader. It is intended for middle school use.

Wishing you well!

Julie in MO